Sunday, November 20, 2011

A Picture is Worth a Thousand Words


Hello All,
You've heard the saying, "a picture is worth a thousand words", but have you really taken the time to understand the importance of the message? I recently found an old picture of myself, and began reminiscing about what I was doing at that point in my life. When I compared the picture with a more recent one of myself, I realized how the pictures told me about myself and how they were a window into my life's journey.

The first picture showed a teenager who was hurting inside, but happy on the outside. The second picture showed a "30 something" woman - successful and thriving. In looking back at my life, I pondered how I got to where I am now. I got here because I stumbled, and I stood back up, and I fell back down and I got back up. I made really fabulous decisions and then I made some really poor ones. But the pictures that I am looking at today show that a journey of growth is possible, if you'll awake to who you are, awake to what you feel, awake to the ways in which you've fallen short, and awake to your success.

Pull those old photos out and go back in time. Lessons for the future!

Be Blessed,
Archuleta

No comments:

Post a Comment