Tuesday, January 21, 2014

The Coldest Winter Season

Hello All,
I think back to when I was a kid and how much I loved snow days. No school, my favorite cartoons, and my notebook. My mama would let me stay in my pajamas all day and I could eat whatever I wanted. It was the best! As an adult, snow days are still the best! I curl up on the couch with my notebook and vivid imagination. I get ideas, poems, and stories. Have you noticed that as you get older, there are some things that stay the same. I still love going to Crown center, writing in the park, and riding roller coasters. I still think Batman is the bomb superhero and peanut butter & jelly is everything!

I do believe that God has had me in the coldest winter season ever. A time of reflection, preparation, and harvest. A time for Him to impart patience to my spirit and wisdom to my mind. Those things that have always been familiar to me - I draw near to them during this time. I am waiting on the Lord in faith. I know that He has things in store but I must be patient. That is a hard thing for me to do!

Hold on to the little things, because they are the foundation of who you are. They are the things that you can lean on, get excited about and depend on. Life is going to keep moving - sometimes not in the way you want it to. Find ways to enjoy life when you are in your winter season. It will create a harvest for spring.

Blessings,
Archuleta

No comments:

Post a Comment