Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Learn to Park

Hello All,
Last Saturday, I arrived at the Plaza Library in this blazing Kansas City heat. Luckily I snagged a decent parking space in the garage. After spending a good three hours inside, I made my way back into the garage. There on the windshield, was a sheet of notebook paper that simply said, "Learn to Park". It was written in my favorite color of purple, and on narrow ruled notebook paper. Wow, a person after my own heart! I laughed at the note, loudly! The thought of someone taking out the time to taunt me about my parking skills, which are not bad by the way, was comical. It made my day, so I folded the note and put it in my bag. A momento if you will. Lol. Was this stranger really mad at me? Or, could this guardian of the parking garage just need to find something better to do with their time?

It made me think about how people haven't learned to stay in their lane of life. Sometimes, people are not satisfied with what God has given them to do, so they begin placing themselves in everything else. Too eager to "assist", and not eager enough to mind their own business. If you are a librarian, don't try to be the academic advisor and faculty director! It's important to know your tasks and do them to the best of your ability. Stepping outside your lane only steps on toes and causes trouble.

The person that put the note on my car had no idea that I am writer and love this kind of stuff, or that they would be the subject of a blog entry! I clearly got the last laugh!

Be Blessed,
Archuleta

No comments:

Post a Comment