Thursday, June 27, 2013

Sometimes, it is just what we asked for

Hello All,

I became a full-time writer on October 5, 2012. This was the date that I was "let go" from my full-time job. Ironically, I wasn't happy there and wanted to leave but my plan was to stay there until I found another job. Well, my plan wasn't moving fast enough for God, nor was it the right path. See, I would have stayed there even at the risk of becoming more unhappy. I didn't want to leave without having another job in my pocket. I was worried about how I was going to pay my bills and survive with a job! I also wanted to leave that job on my own terms. God had to show me that my terms did not take precedence over His.

The funny thing is that I had been praying to God to allow me to be a full-time writer - somehow. When it happened, it had to settle into my system first. After it settled in, I realized what God had done. He had answered my prayers and it was time for me to write like never before.

Although my unemployment is running out soon, I have to believe that God wouldn't bring me this far to leave me. I have to believe that God is going to sustain me and propel me even further into my purpose. I was meant to be a writer and this is my time.

My "job" right now is to have faith. Will I step out on faith and trust God? Even when everything around me seems grim, will I continue to trust Him? The answer is yes. I can't do anything but go by His terms now. Sometimes, God reduces you down to where you have no choice but to lean on Him. God is my only answer. As I write, I will have faith and listen to His terms for a change.

Blessings,
Archuleta

No comments:

Post a Comment