Friday, February 18, 2011

Reality

Hello All,
I was 26 years old when I got married to my college sweetheart. I was excited about being a wife, and my desire to have children was immediate. We were young, ambitious, and loved our families and friends. Although we weren't on the same time frame as far as having children, I remained patient and continued to be in the moment of my marriage. After five years, a new home, and a change in careers, the emptiness began to take over and the marriage began to reveal major signs of trouble. A few years after that, I found myself divorced, in a one bedroom apartment, a broken down vehicle, and people who had turned their backs on me. Wow.

I remember waking up crying every morning, putting on a fake mask at work, and crying on the way home. My emotions ran from sad and lonely, to angry and confused. The definition that I had created was not even me anymore, and I did not know what to do. I accidentally saw myself in the mirror one day - broken. I looked pathetic. I looked sad. I didn't recognize Archuleta. At that moment, I said outloud that it was over and I wasn't going to cry another day. I asked God to forgive me, and if He would be so kind to clean me up one more time.

The reality is, life can hit us with some hard stuff! Stuff that will make you rethink your very existence, and bring you to your knees. Well, I suppose that is the perfect place to be - a position to pray and ask God for help. He is the only one that was able to restore my spirit, lift me up, and place me on solid ground. The only one! He didn't have to do it, but He has the master plan and knows the bigger picture.

Today, God is restoring everything that I lost. He has brought me back to a place of peace, and the hurt from the past is long gone. I encourage you on today! Whatever it is, whatever it looks like, whatever it sounds like....give it to God. Allow Him to take that burden from you and work it out on your behalf. In the morning, you will be alright and the sun will shine. Praise God!

Be Blessed,
Archuleta

2 comments:

  1. OMG I so feel you on this one. I can TOTALLY relate. I remember that same instance for myself...looking in the mirror and not recognizing or liking who I saw. I too went to my Father and asked for His help because only He could mend me and put me back together. I am still a work in progress but I'm far from that broken woman I saw in the mirror. ALL THANKS BE TO GOD!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Archuleta, Thank You for sharing this... it was right on time! I struggle with love and finding my match. I want so badly to fall in love, get married and have children and for some odd reason, I feel there is a sense of urgency. But for another odd reason, I can't seem to get it right. So I hurt and I'm confused. Last week I cried so much I finally decided to give it all to the Lord... God is the only one who truly knows my heart and my intent and won't judge me and my emotions... and I know God will get me through.

    ReplyDelete