Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Shifting Gears

Hello All,
You have heard the familiar questions, "Is your glass half empty of half full?" This question gages whether you are more of a pessimist or optimist towards life and situations. As I prayed this morning, I asked God for strength and to allow me to discover the tools and resources in order to solve my own problems. I don't want God to bail me out or rescue me. I don't want to find myself back in the same boat ever again.

Lately, my prayers have taken a shift. I realized that I was whining too much. I also realized that I was on my knees with the same occurring issues, like a rolling ball. It had gotten on my nerves, so I knew that God had to be irritated with me as well. I started to think about what is happening in my life, what is not happening and what things should be happening. I have had a hand in my own fate, however, other things in life have been beyond my control.

I questioned myself in the mirror. What is in my control and am I living my life fearless? What am I afraid of giving up? Those answers led me to my disobedience and thinking that I can do a better job at solving the problem.

Not one of us is perfect. We all have flaws, strengths and weaknesses. We all have things on the table that cause us to be disobedient and fearful to God. Are you a broken record in your prayers and supplication? Is it something you do for the sake of doing it or are do you desire to grow from your prayer life?

God is not in the business of snapping his fingers and making everything okay. We have a part to play in our personal relationship with him. I discovered that I needed to shift gears; refresh and renew my relationship with Jesus Christ. I needed to put the spark back into our daily talks and my requests. He desires for us to come to the conclusion that He is all we need. Our desperation and disappointments in life serve as lessons to us. Have you learned the lesson? Are you growing or still in the same situation you've been in for the last 10 years?

God is waiting for you.

Blessings,
Archuleta

No comments:

Post a Comment